Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Happy Chinese New Year!

Today I was supposed to go to lunch with author Dianna Hutts Aston at Green Pastures, but I had to cancel because of being sick. Sigh.

In any case, Dianna's recent titles include When You Were Born, illustrated by Caldecott-honor-winner E.B. Lewis (Candlewick, 2004)--my favorite birthday picture book. By the way, both author and illustrator have these cool swish movie things as their sites open.

Thanks to everyone for all their get-well wishes. You'll be happy to know I'm indulging in much television and became misty-eyed at a re-run of the episode of "A Different World" wherein Whitley and Dwayne get married. Yes, I'm a giant cheeseball.

Nifty Links

Judy and Ronald Culp: a husband-wife writing team I met while speaking for the League of Texas Writers. Judy has a very promising YA novel in progress, and I wish her the best with it!

Chinese American Librarians Association: an affiliate of the American Library Association.

Gong Xi Fa Cai! Happy Chinese New Year from PlanetEsme.com. Find out your classroom's Chinese Zodiac sign. Get storytime suggestions and more!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...