|Click to enlarge!|
Enter to win a Blessed paperback giveaway! The grand prize includes:
- a signed copy of Blessed (Book 3 in the Tantalize series)
- Dracula by Bram Stoker, illustrated by Scott McKowen
- laminated "Dracula" movie poster
- (vampire) bat finger puppet
- Holy Water flask (actually labeled "Holy Water)
- silver Celtic cross (for your protection & in honor of werewolf hero Kieren Morales)
- angel tokens
- Tantalize series buttons
- one of two author-signed copies of Tantalize: Kieren's Story, illustrated by Ming Doyle
- a signed copy of Diabolical (Book 4 in the Tantalize series)
email me directly with "Blessed giveaway" in the subject line.
If you already have a copy of Blessed, Tantalize: Kieren's Story or Diabolical, and want to be considered for a different prize, just say so!
Author-sponsored. This giveaway is for international readers--everyone is eligible! Deadline: Feb. 27.
For extra entries (itemize efforts in your entry comment/email with relevant links):
- Blog, tweet (hashtag: #blessed), facebook or Google+ this giveaway
- Blog, tweet (hashtag: #blessed), facebook or Google+ this link to the Blessed trailer
- Click "like" on the Cynthia Leitich Smith facebook author page
- Follow @CynLeitichSmith at Twitter
- Subscribe to Cynsations (see sidebar at Blogger)
- Follow Cynsations by email (see sidebar at Blogger)
- Friend Cynsations at LiveJournal
- Subscribe to CynthiaLeitichSmith's channel at YouTube
- Bonus: Indicate if you're a teacher/librarian, specifying your school, university or library.
Blessed by Cynthia Leitich Smith is now available in paperback from Candlewick Press. From the promotional copy:
With a wink and a nod to Bram Stoker, bestselling author Cynthia Leitich Smith unites the casts of Tantalize and Eternal in a delicious dark fantasy her fans will devour.
Quincie Morris, teen restaurateur and neophyte vampire, is in the fight of her life — or undeath.Even as she adjusts to her new appetites, she must clear her best friend and true love — the hybrid-werewolf Kieren — of murder charges; thwart the apocalyptic ambitions of Bradley Sanguini, the seductive vampire-chef who “blessed” her; and keep her dead parents’ restaurant up and running.
She hires a more homespun chef and adds the preternaturally beautiful Zachary to her wait staff. But with hundreds of new vampires on the rise and Bradley off assuming the powers of Dracula Prime, Zachary soon reveals his true nature — and his flaming sword — and they hit the road to staunch the bloodshed before it’s too late.
Even if they save the world, will there be time left to salvage Quincie’s soul?
The Horn Book raves: "A hearty meal for the thinking vampire reader."
Kirkus Reviews cheers: "Wild and ultimately fascinating"…"..the pages fairly smolder in describing their [Quincie and Kieren] attraction to one another."
Check out the Blessed Readers Guide from Cynthia's official author site.
Diabolical (Tantalize Book 4) is new out in hardcover from Candlewick and Walker Books and Australia and New Zealand.
Nominations for The Children's Book Council "2012 Teen Choice Book of the Year" are being accepted on Teenreads.com until Feb. 15. Readers are being asked to list up to five of their favorite books of 2011; the five titles that receive the most votes will become finalists to be entered in a second round of voting. From there, teens will vote again to determine the ultimate winner --- the 2012 Teen Choice Book of the Year.
Blessed by Cynthia Leitich Smith (Candlewick/Walker) is a nominee! If you liked the novel, please consider voting for it--along with your other four picks--to reach the finals. See the full list of nominated books. (Remember, write-in titles are still being accepted.) Vote for your favorite books here! Voting eligibility: international. Anyone between the ages of 12 and 18 can vote. Deadline for voting in the nominating round: Feb. 15.
See Cynthia's upcoming events in Albuquerque, Tucson, Sandy (Utah), Bastrop (Texas), Southampton (New York), and Montpelier (Vermont).