for Cynthia Leitich Smith's Cynsations
One of children’s literature's finest and most outspoken figures, Maurice Sendak, has died at the age of 83.
To celebrate his life and his life’s work, Hunger Mountain: A VCFA Journal of the Arts is asking illustrators, authors, editors, agents, parents, young readers, teachers and librarians to contribute to "Celebrating Sendak."
Please submit anywhere between 50-300 words on any of the topics listed below to be considered for this special feature. Submissions must be received by May 20, with the piece to be published in the Children’s Literature section of Hunger Mountain in our upcoming Landscape of Literature issue.
As there will be many contributors chosen, in lieu of payment links to contributor websites/blogs will be included in the byline.
- Impact of Maurice Sendak’s work on your own
- How Maurice Sendak changed your childhood
- Why Maurice Sendak’s work is still read
- Favorite Maurice Sendak book and why
- Favorite child reaction to a Maurice Sendak work
In Memory: Maurice Sendak from Cynsations.