for Cynthia Leitich Smith's Cynsations
I am thrilled to bring writers and illustrators A Path to Publishing.
Powered by an innovative interactive video chat platform, A Path to Publishing allows participants to talk directly to editors, literary agents, film/TV agents, art directors, sales, marketing and publicity directors, and more. (Think Skype on steroids with no lag times in picture or audio!)
No matter where you are in your publishing career, this program can provide you with access to top industry professionals. You'll get immediate insight and answers to all your questions, plus reliable advice you can act on immediately to take your career to the next level.
Plus, all workshops are limited to 20 participants.
With A Path to Publishing, you ask questions of the faculty live...from the comfort of your home. It's an efficient, affordable way to learn, make connections, and progress down the path to publication.
March workshops are set and more are being created.
Here is what we have so far...
- March 6, 2013: 8:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. EST "Modern Classics to Movies: How the HarperCollins/Walden Media Team Selects, Edits, and Markets Middle Grade Books"
- March 13, 2013: 8:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. EST "Bringing the Power of Disney to Books: A Peek Behind the Curtain at Disney-Hyperion"
- March 20, 2013: 8:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. EST "Winning Over Your Reader: Earning the Reader's Trust from the editors of Roaring Brook Press/Macmillian"
- April 24, 2013: 8:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. EST "The agents of the Erin Murphy Literary Agency"
- May 8, 2013: 8:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. EST "Agent's Panel-How I Approach a New Manuscript to Ready for Market" with Sarah Davies/Greenhouse Literary and Alexandra Penfold/Upstart Crow Literary"
- June 19, 2013: 8:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. EST "A Rare View into Three Top Publishers' Personal Imprints --Penguin/Nancy Paulsen; Macmillan/Christy Ottaviano; Random House/Wendy Lamb"
- "An Editor's Eye" - Molly O'Neill/HarperCollins Tegan, Noa Wheeler/Macmillan Holt and Martha Mihalick/HarperCollins Greenwillow
- "Five Mistakes That Are Keeping You From Getting Published" - agent and editor panel
- "Is My Idea Good Enough" - agent and editor panel
|Jill with author Varsha Bajaj|
Via this powerful Online Chat Platform I can now make that a reality for both in-person and online critique groups. All you need is a phone, tablet, ipad or computer with a camera and microphone.
Like the A Path to Publishing workshops, you sign in via your browser-Firefox, Safari, Outlook or Google Chrome (all free to download) or Skype (also free to download). There are no apps that you need to download or purchase. You simply sign in via an email I send you and I will see and hear you, and you me, via the cloud.
Plus all participants will receive a 15% discount off one A Path to Publishing workshop.
Hope to see many of you in the cloud at the workshops or in your critique groups.