|Writers' League of Texas Agents & Editors Con|
Effectively immediately, Cynsations is on hiatus until September!
In the meantime, keep up with my news, writing tips and resources as well as conversations and goings on of the children's-YA book world at Twitter (@CynLeitichSmith) and my Facebook author page.
You also can follow my Facebook personal page. No worries, it's not too personal--largely my musings on daily life and pop culture stuff (though bookish thoughts sneak in sometimes).
Recent topics include:
- the average woman spends $15,000 over the course of a lifetime on cosmetics
- the TV show "Once Upon a Time"
- Joss Whedon's "Much Ado About Nothing" movie
- which regions routinely serve sweet vs. regular tea in restaurants
- my seamstress's refusal to hem a pair of my pants because "the pattern is too striking to cut"
In addition, you're still invited to pitch ideas for guest posts, new voice interviews, guest interviews, book trailer reveals, giveaways, etc. to run in the fall. Contact me directly with details.
So, go on! Have fun! Read, write, play! Enjoy summer!
P.S. Interested in creating graphic novels? Register to participate in this Austin SCBWI Graphic Novel Workshop, scheduled for Oct. 5 at St. Edward's University!
P.P.S. The winners of How (Not) to Find a Boyfriend by Allyson Valentine (Philomel, 2013) were Rebecca and Hania. Read a Cynsations interview with Allyson.
|Sunset in Galveston, Texas|