Applications are invited for an intern to assist in the production of Cynsations and associated web-/social media for summer-fall 2016.
Duties would include assistance with:
- coordinating, conducting and formatting interviews, guest posts, announcements and giveaways that tie into the children's-YA literature, writing, illustration, publishing, educational and gatekeeper communities;
- promoting all of the above;
- updating Cynthia Leitich Smith's Children's Literature Resources and related social media channels.
The internship is non-paid, however, the intern would be offered:
- two critiques of a full (or partial, if more developmental assistance is needed) novel;
- six critiques of two picture books each; or
- some combination of the above to be agreed upon on an individual basis.
Between June 1 and June 30, please email cynthia at cynthialeitichsmith.com with a 500-word statement of interest that touches on:
- commitment to the youth literature, its conversation and community;
- study in the craft of writing for young readers;
- social media savvy.
Please include relevant links. Connections and/or interest in diverse (defined broadly) youth literature also is especially welcome and should be mentioned. Thank you for your consideration!