Applications are invited for an intern to assist in the production of Cynsations and associated web-/social media for October to March of 2017. It may also include author event and manuscript research support.
Duties would include assistance with:
- coordinating, conducting and formatting interviews, guest posts, and announcements that tie into the children's-YA literature, writing, illustration, publishing, educational and gatekeeper communities;
- promoting all of the above;
- updating Cynthia Leitich Smith's Children's Literature Resources and related social media channels.
In addition, the intern would be promoted across the platform. Note: realism and fantasy, children's-YA fiction writers only. No currently enrolled MFA students.
Between Sept. 11 and Sept. 30, please email cynthia at cynthialeitichsmith.com with a 500-word statement of interest that touches on:
- commitment to the youth literature, its conversations and community;
- study in the craft of writing for young readers;
- social media savvy.
Thank you for your consideration!