Many blessings of the season, Cynsational readers!
Effective immediately, this blog is on winter hiatus until sometime in early 2018. In the meantime, please find me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. I'll continue sharing bookish news about writing and illustrating books for young readers, the creative life, and publishing as an industry--along with some adventures of my own.
Thanks to everyone who was featured or contributed a guest article to Cynsations this fall. Most appreciated!
(If your post was turned in but has not yet gone live, our apologies for the delay. It'll happen ASAP next year.)
Thanks also to interns Gayleen Rabakukk and Robin Galbraith and to reporters Carol Coven Grannick, Traci Sorell, Christopher Cheng, Melanie Fishbane, and Angela Cerrito. You are all wonderful people and talent writers. Color me your fan!
And of course thanks to all of you Cynsational readers for joining us, for supporting the world of children's-YA literature and young readers and for signal boosting our efforts!
Happy Holidays & Happy New Year!
- Author Kwame Alexander on How Giving Back Changed His World View by Tamra Bolton from Parade.
- We Need Diverse Books -- newly redesigned website!
- Next Wave of Children's Bookstores: Getting Political by Judith Rosen from Publishers Weekly.
- The Secret Life of "Um" by Julie Beck from The Atlantic.
- Merriam-Webster’s new etymology tool is both educational and terrifying (plus useful to writers) by Reid McCarter from The AV Club.
- Austin class! Plotting, Not Plodding: How to Make the Most of Story Circumstances and Stakes with Greg Leitich Smith from 6:30 p.m to 9:30 p.m. Jan. 18 at the Writing Barn.
- Highly Anticipated LGBTQA YA of 2018 by Dahlia Adler from Barnes & Noble.
- Repicture Age from Getty Images.